Is Christianity Easy ✅?OR IMPOSSIBLE⁉️ #Daily #BIBLE #Devotional #shorts #Religion #God #Cross


I like to say living the Christian life is impossible...ly-easy. Its impossible in that its taking up a cross - dying to your own way of living:

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it'" (Matthew 16:24-25).

That is what God calls us to as we follow Jesus to the cross. That's impossible in your own strength. And trying to do that on your own will not take you to heaven. It is legalism.

But He also pictures it as a yoke - where He is carrying that load.

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

So He is the one living the life of Christ through us. In that way, it is easy. "Lord, live this death to self life through me!" Should always be our prayer.

Come to me you who are weak and I will give you rest Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am gentle and lowly of heart.

Daily Bible Reading Schedule: Old Testament - Genesis 50:1 - Exodus 2:10 New Testament - Matthew 16:13-17:9 Psalm 21:1-13 Proverbs 5:1-6





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks to God for a new house for our family. Soli Deo Gloria!

Lloyd Jones and Billy Graham – Association or Separation

🌒3️⃣ECLIPSES OF #BIBLE AND what THEY MEAN 🌙 #DailyDevotional #Christian #Prophecy #Religion #EndTimes