Happy Thanksgiving! Consider below 5 Ways to Increase a #Thankful Heart #Praise #Gratitude


Happy Thanksgiving! Consider with me: Five Ways to Foster #Praise

1. Be the top 10 Percent Jesus healed the ten lepers and then asked them to go to the priest to show their cleansing, only one returned to thank Him. Then Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But the nine—where are they?" (Luke 17:16–17). It is sad that so few thank, the Lord so we should be among that top one percent. Please do that today. Please honor the Lord with your Gratitude. And as you do, you can thank Him first of all for the inner spiritual cleansing from the leprosy of sin. Lord help us to thank Him for all that He has done for us! 2. Focus on the Gospel You may have a rather crummy time right now but spiritually if you have Christ you have everything… Focus on those praises. You and I have so much in Christ. God gave His greatest gift of Heaven, His Son for you and for me. So, let us thank Him and live for Him. In "A Gospel Primer for Christians", Vincent reminds us that if our glass if filled with anything except God’s wrath on our sins, we are to be extremely grateful. Knowing our glass is filled with “every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus” leaves us “truly dumbfounded with inexpressible joy. As for my specific earthly circumstances of plenty or want, I can see them always as infinite improvements on the hell I deserve.” Paul prays that we would know the riches we have in Christ. "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints" (Ephesians 1:18). Consider Pastor Henry after being robbed by thieves in the woods on horseback: I’m thankful that although they robbed me I didn’t have much. I'm thankful that although they took all I had they didn’t take my life. I'm thankful that it was I who was robbed and not I that robbed. Thank God for all things today. Even being robbed! 3. Unleash the New You As a Christian, you are a New Person in Christ. Old things are passed away all things are become new. SO our grumbling becomes gratitude. Instead of voicing our complaint we voice our accolades to Christ. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17). This new nature is with in and can bubble up in praise if you let it. 4. Enjoy the Benefit of Focusing on the Positive There is something about focusing on the positive that is so helpful for you personally. As Jeremiah considered all that was going wrong in his life, he had no hope. But when he focused on what God had given him in Christ he had great hope! "This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:21–23). There are so many positive benefits to focusing on the positive. It will help your attitude, your mood, your life. 5. Follow God’s Will This is the easiest. Yes, be thankful because you are commanded to do so! This is what God wants for you, my friend. "In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks to God for a new house for our family. Soli Deo Gloria!

Lloyd Jones and Billy Graham – Association or Separation

🌒3️⃣ECLIPSES OF #BIBLE AND what THEY MEAN 🌙 #DailyDevotional #Christian #Prophecy #Religion #EndTimes