All Things Are Your Servants


This verse (Psalm 119:91) is so encouraging to me. Here are two thoughts of application. First, all that comes my way is a servant in the hand of God, and I need not fear His servants (to complete the deduction... therefore I need not fear anything that comes my way). Second, I am privileged as well, to be one of His servants. So I want to be as faithful and trustworthy as possible.

All things are His Servant

 
All that comes my way is His servant. Criticism is His servant. Loosing my keys, a splitting headache, and a whole in my favorite shirt are all His servants. They are sent with His permission to build me in grace and glorify His name. The loss of a child, terminal cancer, loosing a job or career, and being side-swiped by a drunk driver are His servants as well. These too are sent with His permission. These too work His work of grace in my life.

If you believe this verse then you can smile at life's storms. They are still rough waves to row through. You still get soaked. You may bonk your head as you throw some of your stuff overboard to keep the ship afloat, but you realize that the stuff you have to throw over must not have been needed. Because you rest in Him Who sent the storm as His servant. All things, even life's storms, are His servants sent to do His bidding.  "He made the disciples get into the boat... the boat was already a long distance from the land, battered by the waves; for the wind was contrary" (Matthew 14:22-24). 
 

I Am His Servant


Another motivating thought from this verse is that I too bear this role. I am a part of the "all things" which serve Him. You can be His servant sent to minister His grace in other people's lives. Have you taken this role seriously? Are you reliable?

I have many hats (see my picture and you'll know why). One hat in particular I save for those occasions when I have to get out and sweat. During my long Monday run I wear this Jets hat. It serves me well - shielding me from the summer sun. It was once white. Now it has kind of a yellowish tint to it. I save it for difficult tasks. No longer fit for my red carpet occasions. When the task involves sweat and dirt I grab my yellowish, Jets hat.

I would love to be that kind of servant. When the task is hard when things might get difficult the Lord sends His less flashy but reliable servants. I don't think John the Baptist, Elijah, or Elisha would have fit in the in-crowd of Manhattan. I'm not sure they would have fit in anywhere. But they were signs that played a vital role in serving God. I want to be ready always for any service... but specifically the difficult tasks that take blood, sweat, and tears. Oh for grace to serve Him more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks to God for a new house for our family. Soli Deo Gloria!

🌒3️⃣ECLIPSES OF #BIBLE AND what THEY MEAN 🌙 #DailyDevotional #Christian #Prophecy #Religion #EndTimes

Lloyd Jones and Billy Graham – Association or Separation